Mary Kate Sheridan
Mary Kate Sheridan
Mary Kate Sheridan is Diversity Lab’s Communications Specialist. She brings more than 15 years of experience in the legal industry, including over a decade focused on writing and communications. Upon graduating from law school, Mary Kate worked in the litigation department at Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP. Mary Kate then followed her passion for writing and transitioned to a career in content and communications. She served as Vault’s Senior Law Editor where she oversaw the content strategy for Vault’s law vertical; collaborated on the development and execution of Vault Law’s DEI initiatives; managed the creation and publication of dozens of legal career guides and hundreds of law firm profiles; and analyzed survey data to determine industry trends in firm culture, diversity, wellness, training, and more. Mary Kate has also covered the legal industry as a freelance writer and editor—focusing on topics like diversity and inclusion, mentoring, legal careers, and law firm administration—and has consulted with organizations on their content and marketing initiatives.
Mary Kate received her J.D. from Columbia Law School where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. While at Columbia, Mary Kate served as a Writing & Research Editor for the Columbia Journal of Law and Social Problems. She was also a member of the Columbia Law Women’s Association and worked with the Courtroom Advocate’s Project. Mary Kate also holds an M.F.A. in Creative Writing from The New School and a B.A. in English, summa cum laude, from Mary Washington College.
Select Published Books & Articles
Blog Posts & Articles
- The Association of Legal Administrators, Legal Management, “Raising the Value of Employee Reviews” (May 2021)
- The Association of Legal Administrators, Legal Management, “5 Ways to Make Your Law Firm More Inclusive for the Transgender Community” (July/August 2020)
- Vault, “9 Tips for Working from Home with Kids” (March 2020)
- Vault, “The BigLaw Glass Ceiling: Insights from Female Associates on Career Advancement” (February 2019)
- The Association of Legal Administrators, Legal Management, Modern Development: Strategies for Creating Effective Training Programs for Today’s Law Firm (April 2018)
- Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms, Editor—2012, 2020, & 2021 Editions
- Practice Perspectives: Vault’s Guide to Legal Practice Areas, Editor—2019, 2020, & 2021 Editions
- Vault Guide to Summer Associate Interviewing & Top-Ranked Programs, Editor—2019, 2020, & 2021 Editions
- Vault Guide to the First Year of Law School, Author—First & Second Editions