Managing Director, Research & Knowledge Sharing
Lisa joined Diversity Lab with over 15 years of experience in the legal profession as a practicing attorney, talent management professional, and law firm consultant. Lisa began her career as a litigator, practicing at two large law firms. She then spent several years as a professional development manager at Goodwin Procter LLP, where her contributions included helping launch and lead the firm’s Women’s Initiative and developing a new parent coaching program. As a consultant with Edge International, Lisa advised a wide range of domestic and international law firms on strategic and talent management issues. She is the author of several articles on professional development in law firms. Throughout, Lisa’s passion has been the advancement of women in the legal profession and she is thrilled to be able to contribute to that effort in her role as Director of Research & Knowledge Sharing.
Lisa received her B.A. in English and French, magna cum laude, from Colgate University in 1996 and graduated with high honors from The George Washington University Law School in 2000.
- “Annual Reviews are Out, Real-Time Feedback is In,” Law Practice, November/December 2017
- “Leveraging the Power of Technology, Gamification, and Teams to Boost Diversity in Law” (co-authored with Caren Ulrich Stacy), Chambers Diversity, August 2017
- “Client Call for Greater Diversity at a Fever Pitch” (co-authored with Caren Ulrich Stacy), Law.com, July 2017
- “Hacking the Glass Ceiling in Law Firms” (co-authored with Caren Ulrich Stacy), Law Practice, July/August 2017
- “Four Unexpected Career Hacks From BigLaw’s Top Performers” (co-authored with Caren Ulrich Stacy), The American Lawyer, May 2017
- “Hacking the Glass Ceiling” (co-authored with Caren Ulrich Stacy), Professional Development Quarterly, February 2017
- Book Review, “Rethinking Law Firm Culture,” Professional Development Quarterly, Spring 2013
- “The Realities of the Relationship: 5 Mentoring Myths Debunked,” Women’s Bar Review, Winter 2011
- “Creating Connections: Channels and Tactics for Internal Communications,” Professional Development Quarterly, February 2011·
- Internal Communications” (co-authored with Todd Sorensen), Professional Development Quarterly, November 2010