Chief Orchestration Officer
As COO of Diversity Lab, Jennifer Winslow oversees all of the Lab’s initiatives, including the OnRamp Fellowship, the only global returnship program for the legal profession. She joined Caren Ulrich Stacy in launching the Fellowship in January 2014.
Jennifer began her legal career as an associate at Morrison & Foerster in Los Angeles. After practicing for six years, she refocused her career on attorney and law student recruitment and development, as well as diversity initiatives for the legal profession.
As a Managing Director for Major, Lindsey & Africa, Jennifer counseled lateral attorney candidates on their job searches and collaborated with law firms seeking to fill specialized roles. In the University of Colorado Law School’s Career Development Office, she managed the on-campus interview and judicial clerkship programs. While serving as the school’s representative to the Colorado Pledge to Diversity Committee, she worked with leaders of the state’s efforts to increase the number of underrepresented attorneys within the profession. Jennifer speaks frequently on issues related to recruiting, retaining, and advancing women and underrepresented lawyers.
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Presenter, “Changing Mindsets Through Innovation: New (and Effective) Ways to Recruit and Retain Women Lawyers,” Justicia Project Phase II, Alberta Law Society, Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta, October 4-6, 2016
- Moderator, “Lawyers Relaunching Inside and Outside of the Legal Profession,” iRelaunch Return-to-Work Conference, New York City, September 29, 2016
- Panelist, “How to Relaunch Your Career and Successfully Transition Back to Work,” Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia, April 15, 2016
- Panelist, “Opting Back in & Ramping Back Up: How to Successfully Enter Back into Your Legal or Business Career after An Extended Leave,” Alliance for Women, Chicago Bar Association, March 22, 2016
- Co-presenter, “Groundbreaking Research on the Behaviors, Attitudes, and Skills of Successful Women Lawyers,” NALP Annual Education Conference, April 22, 2015
- Presenter, “How to Become the Go-To Associate,” BARBRI Beyond the Bar: Associate Skills Training, various cities, March & April 2015
- Presenter, “How to Stand Out and Succeed as the Go-To Associate,” BARBRI Associate Edge Bootcamp, New York, Washington, DC, and San Francisco, October & November 2014
- NALP Bulletin, “The No-Offer: 5 Steps to Avoiding a Bad Outcome – Or Ensuring the Best Version of the Worst” (May 2013)
- Amicus: University of Colorado Law School, “Building a Robust Legal Community: The Colorado Pledge to Diversity Legal Group and Dean’s Diversity Council” (Fall 2012)
- Amicus: University of Colorado Law School, “What it Takes to Be Marketable: Recent Graduates Comment” (Spring 2012)
- Co-author, California Lawyer, “Ask the Expert: A Call to Service” (October 2009)