Boosting Diversity Through Innovation, Data & Behavioral Science
The Lab hosts “Hackathons” to generate creative ideas that boost diversity and inclusion in law.
Through publicly available reports, the Lab shares the results of its ground-breaking research and pilot initiatives.
About The Lab
The Lab’s first pilot initiative, the OnRamp Fellowship, is now the largest global re-entry platform matching experienced women lawyers and financial service experts returning to the workforce after a hiatus with more than 35 prestigious companies for year-long paid Fellowships in the U.S., Australia, the UK, and Canada.
To inspire others to create innovative initiatives such as the Fellowship, the Lab partnered with Stanford Law School and Bloomberg Law to execute the first “Women in Law Hackathon” in 2016 – a Shark Tank style pitch competition aimed at generating ideas that will boost the retention and advancement of women in law firms. A series of “2018 Diversity in Law Hackathons” are now in progress with Harvard Law School Executive Education and Bloomberg Law.
Below are examples of the Lab’s recent research and projects. For details on our 2018 projects, please click here to read our Annual Report.
- Mansfield Rule 3.0102 Law Firms Sign On to Pilot Mansfield Rule 3.0
- Mansfield Rule: Legal Department EditionA New Version of the Mansfield Rule in Legal Departments -- Just Launched!
- Diversity in Law HackathonsPitch Competition Series to Generate Innovative Ideas to Boost Diversity & Inclusion in Law
- Women in Law HackathonPitch Competition to Generate Innovative Ideas That Boost the Retention & Advancement of Women
- Mansfield Rule 2.0The Next Generation of the NFL's Rooney Rule in Law
- OnRamp FellowshipThe First "Returnship" for Women Lawyers Ever Launched in the Legal Profession