Boosting Diversity Through Innovation, Data & Behavioral Science
The Lab hosts “Hackathons” to generate innovative ways to boost diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal profession.
The Lab shares the results of its unique research and pilots to support learning in the legal profession and beyond.
About The Lab
The Lab’s first pilot initiative, the OnRamp Fellowship, is now the largest re-entry platform matching experienced women lawyers returning to the workforce after a hiatus with more than 50 prestigious firms and companies for year-long paid Fellowships across the U.S.
To inspire others to create innovative initiatives such as the Fellowship, the Lab partnered with Stanford Law School and Bloomberg Law to execute the first “Women in Law Hackathon” in 2016 – a Shark Tank style pitch competition aimed at generating ideas to boost the retention and advancement of women in law firms. A series of “2018 Diversity in Law Hackathons” were hosted in collaboration with Harvard Law School Executive Education and Bloomberg Law to continue the momentum.
Below are examples of the Lab’s recent research and projects. For more details on our projects, please click here to read our 2021 Year-In-Review Report.
- Mansfield RuleScience-Drive Requirements + Participating Law Firms & Legal Departments
- OnRamp FellowshipFirst-Ever "Returnship" in Law That Matches Diverse Lawyers Reentering the Workforce After Hiatuses with Legal Orgs
- MTN Diversity Dividends CollectiveAssessment of Outside Counsel Team Diversity Metrics & Inclusion Practices That Matter Most
- Inclusion BlueprintThe Only Tool in Law That Measures the "E" and the "I" in DEI
- Move the Needle Fund (MTN)Four Trailblazing Firms Invest $5M Over Five Years, With Support from 30 GCs, to Boost Diversity
- Mansfield Rule Early Adopter OutcomesPositive Outcomes Announced for the Mansfield Rule Law Firm Early Adopters!