Boosting Diversity Through Innovation, Data & Behavioral Science
The Lab hosts “Hackathons” and “Design Sprints” to generate new ways to boost diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal profession.
The Lab shares the results of its unique research and pilots to support learning in the legal profession and beyond.
About The Lab
The Lab’s first pilot initiative, the OnRamp Fellowship, is now the largest global re-entry platform matching experienced women lawyers returning to the workforce after a hiatus with more than 35 prestigious companies for year-long paid Fellowships across the U.S.
To inspire others to create innovative initiatives such as the Fellowship, the Lab partnered with Stanford Law School and Bloomberg Law to execute the first “Women in Law Hackathon” in 2016 – a Shark Tank style pitch competition aimed at generating ideas to boost the retention and advancement of women in law firms. A series of “2018 Diversity in Law Hackathons” were hosted in collaboration with Harvard Law School Executive Education and Bloomberg Law to continue the momentum.
Below are examples of the Lab’s recent research and projects. For more details on our projects, please click here to read our 2018 Annual Report.
- Mansfield Rule 5.0 + UK Pilot (2021-2022)160+ Firms Announced as Participating in the 5.0 Version & UK Pilot
- MTN Diversity Dividends CollectiveStreamlined Collection & Assessment of Outside Counsel Team Diversity
- Mansfield Rule Early Adopter OutcomesPositive Outcomes Just Announced for the Mansfield Rule Law Firm Early Adopters!
- Mansfield Rule Registration Details2021 Registration Details for Law Firms & Legal Departments in the U.S, Canada and UK
- Legal Department PartnershipsLegal Department Opportunities to Partner with Diversity Lab
- The Opportunity DocketA Directory of Displaced Lawyers and Legal Returners