Boosting Diversity Through Innovation, Data & Behavioral Science
The Lab hosts “Hackathons” to generate creative ideas that boost diversity and inclusion in law.
Through publicly available reports, the Lab shares the results of its ground-breaking research and pilot initiatives.
About The Lab
The Lab’s first pilot initiative, the OnRamp Fellowship, is now the largest global re-entry platform matching experienced women lawyers returning to the workforce after a hiatus with more than 35 prestigious companies for year-long paid Fellowships across the U.S.
To inspire others to create innovative initiatives such as the Fellowship, the Lab partnered with Stanford Law School and Bloomberg Law to execute the first “Women in Law Hackathon” in 2016 – a Shark Tank style pitch competition aimed at generating ideas to boost the retention and advancement of women in law firms. A series of “2018 Diversity in Law Hackathons” were hosted in collaboration with Harvard Law School Executive Education and Bloomberg Law to continue the momentum.
Below are examples of the Lab’s recent research and projects. For more details on our projects, please click here to read our 2018 Annual Report.
- Mansfield Rule 4.0 (2020-2021)4.0 Launched July 2020 with 117 Law Firms!
- Speaking Up & Taking Action On RacismA Statement of Action From Diversity Lab
- Move the Needle FundFive Trailblazing Firms Invest $5M Over Five Years, With Support from 30 GCs, to Boost Diversity
- Inclusion BlueprintDiversity Lab & ChIPs Set a New Standard for Measuring Law Firm Inclusion Practices
- Mansfield Rule 3.0117 Law Firms Pilot Mansfield 3.0
- Mansfield Rule: Legal Department EditionA New Version of the Mansfield Rule in Legal Departments -- 2.0 Just Announced!