Boosting Diversity Through Innovation, Data & Behavioral Science
The Lab hosts “hackathons” to generate creative thinking and ideas that boost diversity and inclusion in top companies.
The Lab experiments with new initiatives — such as the OnRamp Fellowship — to attract and retain top diverse talent.
About The Lab
Diversity Lab creates and experiments with innovative ways to close the gender gap and boost diversity in law firms, legal departments, and banks by leveraging data, behavioral science, and design thinking.
The Lab’s first pilot initiative, the OnRamp Fellowship, is now the largest global re-entry platform matching experienced women lawyers and financial service experts returning to the workforce after a hiatus with more than 35 prestigious companies for year-long paid Fellowships in the U.S., Australia, the UK, and Canada.
To inspire others to create innovative initiatives such as the Fellowship, the Lab partnered with Stanford Law School and Bloomberg Law to execute the first “Women in Law Hackathon” in 2016 – a Shark Tank style pitch competition aimed at generating ideas that will boost the retention and advancement of women in law firms. A series of “Diversity in Law Hackathons” will be hosted in 2018 in partnership with Harvard Law School Executive Education and Bloomberg Law.
Below are examples of the Lab’s recent research and projects.
- Women in Law HackathonPitch Competition to Generate Innovative Ideas That Boost the Retention and Advancement of Women
- Mansfield RuleThe Next Generation of the NFL's Rooney Rule in Law
- OnRamp FellowshipThe First "Returnship" for Women Lawyers Ever Launched in the Legal Profession
- Clients Push for DiversityLegal Departments Incentivizing Law Firm Diversity
- Women Legal Experts.comHighlighting Women Lawyers Who Have Been Honored as Experts in Their Field of Law
- Culture AnalysisUncovering an Organization’s True Culture By Assessing Its Peoples' Values