Closing the Gender Gap Through Data, Innovation & Science
The Lab creates and pilots unique initiatives — such as the OnRamp Fellowship — to experiment with new ways to attract, retain, and advance top diverse talent in organizations.
Through talent roundtables, the Lab shares ground-breaking research. We also highlight (and celebrate) what others are doing to advance women at TakeALittleAction.com.
About The Lab
The Lab creates and invests in innovative talent and diversity initiatives to help organizations find and keep the best talent.
The Lab’s hallmark project – the OnRamp Fellowship – has helped boost diversity in more than 35 of the world’s largest law firms, legal departments, and banks. To inspire others to create and experiment with innovative initiatives such as the Fellowship, the Lab partnered with Stanford Law School and Bloomberg Law to execute the first “Women in Law Hackathon” in 2016 – a Shark Tank style pitch competition aimed at generating ideas that will boost the retention and advancement of women in law firms. The second Hackathon, which will tackle the broader issue of racial diversity, will be hosted in early 2018.
All of the Lab’s research, pilot projects, and capital investments are focused on finding, retaining, and advancing the best and most diverse talent through innovative recruitment, development, engagement, work/life balance, and advancement practices. Data, behavioral science, and design thinking are at the core of everything we do. Below are examples of our most recent projects.
- Women in Law HackathonPitch Competition to Generate Innovative Ideas That Boost the Retention and Advancement of Women
- Women Legal Experts.comHighlighting Women Lawyers Who Have Been Honored as Experts in Their Field of Law
- Culture AnalysisUncovering an Organization’s True Culture By Assessing Its Peoples' Values
- Take A Little Action.comIndividuals and Initiatives That Advance Women
- OnRamp FellowshipThe First "Returnship" for Women Lawyers Ever Launched in the Legal Profession
- High Performers’ Success FactorsThe Traits, Attitudes, and Behaviors of High Performers